Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Disney's "the Princess & the Frog"

I've wanned to watch this movie for a long time, and expected it to be very engaging and entertaining

the film was actually entertaining for the first mmmm 45 minutes, however, after that things seemed to be moving very slowly that it got me bored and made think of it as a waste of time

but I although the film was boring, I need to give it some more credit, I think that this is Disney's first time to
featured a dark-skin cloned girl as a main character. Tiana was also a unique type of princesses in my opinion, the type that wouldn't wait for the prince to come, but would work hard to make her dreams in life come true, and that is the best quality the film offered, along with all the songs that focused on "it doesn't matter how you look" theme

actually Tiana wasn't the only dark-skin colored character, almost all the other important characters were too, except her childhood friend Charlotte (picture to the right), who was a blonde


and here comes my main take on the movie, though it was nice to show that it really doesn't matter how you look, it wasn't necessary for the film makers to picture Charlotte - the rich girl that does no effort to achieve her dreams and who would seem like a foolish one in the end - as a blonde girl, thats a stereotyping that should have been avoided!


I'd give the movie 3 out of 5 stars, and wouldn't really recommend watching it, though I appreciate the new trend of featuring dark-skin colored characters as heros and to teach kid to work hard for their dreams instead of just wishing on stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment